Thursday, 31 March 2016

October 2015

Today i started my first song and had to decide what genre i want my music to be about. At first i wanted to choose hip hop however i did not have the tools to create music like this. So instead i chose the genre country. 

Today i actually started my song, i felt as if i now know how to use this software so i started to add beats in first.

Today i added a guitar as my main instrument in my song i felt this had a very big impact on the song.

I now added a piano in the back to make it feel a bit spread out.

november 2015

I learned today that in my music software i only have the demo, this made me behind all the other composers however i just tried to get used to it and use what i have.

My teacher (miss Onacko) decided that i should have the full version because i'm not getting the best out of my abilities using the demo.

Today i found out that i will not be able to get the full version until after christmas so i had to use what i had an just learned to get used to it.

december 2015

I started to add loops to my song. I thoguht they fitted in perfectly.

I added tweaks to my song e.g shortened the time.

I now feel as if i have completed my first song and now am starting the structure of my second song.

January 2016

I now started my second song i thought of adjusting the country genre to country rock. this is because i had more instruments to use to make it.

I first started out with the intro which was pretty simple however my beat was a bit messy.

I then started the chorus which was really good and fitted in with the song perfectly

February 2016

I recently found out about apple loops which was perfect because there was some that fitted in to my song perfectly.

Today i was just messing around with loops as i thought that it will be great to get to familiarise myself with them.

Since i am now familiar with loops i decided to add a few to my song, i added the 'african drums' and a chime.

I now started to work on my ending, which at first went well but then i thought of a new way of ending it so decided to rework on it.

March 2016

Today i started to work on my new ending i thought i could have a completely new pace so i starts out fast but then slowly fades to a more slow pace. Then i thought it would be pretty cool to just cut it off, so there would only be a small fade then a cut.

I have recently just been doing small adjustments before my final completion of the song.

I have one again been just doing bits to make sure the song is complete. I still do not feel as i have done well making this piece as they do not sound great using the demo, however i have put me best in it.

April 2016

During the half term i decided to invest myself in hip hop at home, this is because i should get the full version and do the best i possibly can. i made a few short songs just to get used to it in the ipad, i thought it was really great and i can now do the things i really want to do.

My new dilemma was that i would not be able to bring my ipad into school, so i had to icloud the app to my phone.

During my lessons i thought it would be get to get used to the software on my phone. it was surprisingly different then how you use it on the ipad, however after a while i finally got used to it.








No comments:

Post a Comment